- Education & Honors
- Reported Statistics
- Representative Experience
- Counsel of Record
- Community Involvement
Ms. Alisa McAffee grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. Ms. McAffee moved to Las Vegas in 1996. In her early life, she worked as a ballroom dance instructor with the Arthur Murray Dance Studios. In 2003, she established the Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive & Festival, which was an annual 4-day convention which included workshops, a festival, shopping, stage shows, and cocktail parties. After she sold the convention, she worked in the financial services arena, assisting families with life insurance and investment needs. Ms. McAffee is growing her career as an attorney and focusing her practice on civil litigation and premises liability defense.
In Ms. McAffee’s spare time she enjoys creative pursuits including soap making, crochet, and crafting. She enjoys spending time with her family and pets.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D., 2021
- University of Nevada, B.S., 1998
- In 2019, Alisa was named as a Public Interest Fellow at the William S. Boyd School of Law. Additionally, she was awarded a grant based her contributions to the Public Interest Law Association’s annual fundraising auction. For her work on the Policy and Legislation Society and the Making the Law Competition, Alisa was given the Dean’s Award for service to the school, at the commencement ceremony in May 2021.
- Clark County Bar Association, Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- During law school, Alisa helped establish the Policy and Legislation Society (PALS) at the William S. Boyd School of Law, and was part of the committee that established and held the first two “Making the Law” bill-drafting competition.
- During law school, Alisa participated in the Investor Protection Clinic, assisting clients through the FINRA arbitration process. Additionally, she was named as an American Bar Association’s 2020 Janet D. Steiger Fellow, and she worked with the Antitrust and Consumer Protection Divisions of the Utah Attorney General’s Office. Alisa also gained additional legal experience as an intern for the Honorable Judge Stefany Miley, as an extern in the Business and Tax Division of the Nevada Attorney General’s Office and the Clark Country District Attorney’s Office.