Mr. Edwards focuses his practice on the defense and trial of Professional Liability, Business and Commercial Disputes, Product Liability Matters, Environmental Litigation/Remediation, Construction Litigation, all areas of General Liability/CGL/Tort Litigation and Employment issues. He often lectures to insurance company claim departments, design professionals and corporate clients on risk prevention, contracts, insurance issues and related employment matters.
Mr. Edwards consistently strives to achieve superior results for clients by quickly and effectively identifying the course of action best suited to each case. Early consultation with clients often anticipates and preempts the need for litigation. Negotiation when possible, litigation when necessary. His broad knowledge and experience come into play at every step, enhancing the probability of success in settlement or at trial.
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of California, Davis, B.A., 1992
- Clark County Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Southern Nevada Claims Association
- American Consulting Engineers Council
- American Institute of Architects Nevada
- Defense Research Institute
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Frequent lecturer to insurance company claim departments, design professional and corporate clients and other clients involving issues relating to risk prevention, contracts, insurance issues and related employment matters.
Village Builders v. U.S. Labs, 112 P.3d 1082, 121 Nev. Ad. Opin. 28 (2005); Engineer sued for failure to identify underground soils contamination.
In Re: CITYCENTER-The Converse Professional Group v. Eighth Judicial District Court, 129 Nev. Adv. Op., p. 70 (2013), 310 P.3d 574 (2103); Defining Design Professional under Nevada law; Establishing Application of Economic Loss
- Partner: Wilson Elser 2009-2015
- Partner: Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith 2004-2009
- Senior Attorney: Morris Polich & Purdy 2000-2004
- Senior Managing Attorney: Edwards Sooy & Byron 1995-2000; firm dissolved