Jessica Gandy focuses her practice on civil litigation defense, with an emphasis in healthcare litigation and professional discipline, general negligence claims, and related matters.
Prior to practice, Jessica was a middle and high school English teacher in the Clark County School District for nearly ten years. She taught all aspects of English Literature and Composition to students ranging in age from 12 – 20, including students attending alternative schools while awaiting criminal or disciplinary proceedings. Jessica attended the University of Las Vegas Boyd School of Law as a part-time night student, emphasizing to her students the importance of hard work, dedication, and continued higher education to reach one’s goals.
In her free time, Jessica enjoys relaxing at home and traveling with her family. She and her husband have a passion for international travel and love visiting the world’s great art museums and cultural sites.
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, (J.D.), 2016
- University of Phoenix, Master’s Degree Educational Leadership and Administration, 2012
- Idaho State University, Bachelor’s Degree Secondary Education, 2006
- Clark County Bar Association
- CALI award for Criminal Law (Fall 2013)
- Clark County School District Outstanding Teacher – 2013
Student Bar Association, Vice President, 2015 – 2016
Organization of Part-Time and Non-Traditional Law Students, President, 2014 – 2015
Jessica is also an active member of progressive political and social organizations in Las Vegas.
- Hall Jaffee & Clayton, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2018
- Alverson Taylor Mortensen & Sanders, Attorney Associate, 2016 – 2018
- Clark County School District, Secondary Classroom Teacher, 2007 – 2016
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Research Assistant, Mar 2014 – May 2016