Candace Herling focuses her practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis in healthcare law. She intimately understands the inner workings and challenges that long-term healthcare facilities face. In sixth grade, her parents purchased a vacant and run-down 40-bed assisted living facility in Hanford, CA. Throughout high school and college, Candace worked alongside her parents run a successful facility, which allows her to have a unique perspective with defending her long-term healthcare clients.
Candace is skilled in civil litigation from pre-suit investigations through trial preparation. In addition to working on civil litigation matters, Candace regularly represents professionals before their respective licensing boards.
Candace is a panel speaker for Nevada Mutual Insurance Company’s Risk Management Seminars providing Nevada legal updates and seminar topic-driven tips on avoiding malpractice to Nevada healthcare providers.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2014)
- La Sierra University M.A.T. in Curriculum and Instruction (2010)
- La Sierra University, B.A. Communication, cum laude, Dean’s List (2008)
While in law school, Candace was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award, the Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, and the Jefferson Award, all for Professional Responsibility. She also received the Jefferson Award in Solo Practice Concentration. In addition, Candace made the school’s Honor Roll or Distinguished Honor Roll for each semester she attended.
- Frank Milford Peck v. David R. Zipf, MD, et al., 133 Nev. Adv. Op. 108 (Dec. 28, 2017)
- Truancy Judge, Clark County Truancy Diversion Program – 2015- 2017
- Hall Prangle & Schoonveld, LLP, Associate, May 2018 – Sep 2018
- Alverson Taylor Mortensen & Sanders, Associate, Aug 2014 – May 2018