- Education & Honors
- Reported Statistics
- Representative Experience
- Counsel of Record
- Community Involvement
Ms, Rebecca Spence is an attorney in the firm’s Denver offices. Rebecca earned her J.D. from the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law where she served as a board member for both the Water Law Review and the Natural Resources and Environmental Law Society. During law school, Rebecca most notably interned with the Colorado Water Trust, National Young Farmers Coalition, and the Federal Highway Administration. Since graduating law school, Rebecca has worked primarily in the real estate, water rights, corporate, and civil litigation practice areas.
Outside of the office Rebecca enjoys live music, camping, paddle boarding, hanging out with her dog and chickens, and practicing and teaching yoga.
- University of Denver – Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2019
- Louisiana Tech University, B.A. in Journalism and Communications, 2010
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Rebecca participated in the first Transatlantic University Collaboration in Climate Change and Energy Law funded by the European Union with universities located in Denmark and Norway. The universities worked together to research and present policy solutions for pressing issues related to climate change to members of the EU.
- Founding member of the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Blockchain for Sustainable Development, Inc. (B4SD). B4SD worked to create a place for collaboration for businesses utilizing blockchain in the environmental space and evaluated businesses’ sustainability efforts against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Supervising attorney for a group of students in the University of Colorado’s Water Law Acequia Project, 2021, 2022
- Various pro-bono projects for small businesses during COVID