Previously he was the vice president of legal affairs and corporate secretary for Stillwater Mining Company, responsible for the legal affairs of the company and proper governance of the board. He has served as senior counsel at Combat Support Associates, a U.S. defense contractor in Kuwait City, Kuwait, Deputy General Counsel at InfoGroup Inc., a direct marketing company and as an attorney for Ameritrade, Inc., a securities broker both in Omaha, Nebraska respectively.
Brent has over 17 years of broad corporate legal experience in a variety of industries. He currently counsels public and private companies concerning corporate ethics and governance, SEC compliance, internal investigations, and board functions. Earlier in his career, he worked as a trial attorney in Omaha, Nebraska.
- J.D. – University of Tulsa – 1999
- B.A. – University of North Carolina at Wilmington – 1996
- Colorado Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance
- The National Mining Association
- The National Association of Corporate Directors
USAR – 1990 to 1998
- Stillwater Mining Company, Vice President of Legal Affairs & Corporate Secretary, 2010 to 2017
- Combat Support Associates, Senior Counsel, 2010
- InfoGroup, Assistant General Counsel, 2005 to 2010
- Wadman Law Office, Attorney, 2001 to 2005
- Ameritrade, Inc., Attorney, 1999 to 2001