The Computer Support Specialist maintains and supports all endpoint devices, desktop systems, and peripheral equipment, enterprise wide. This individual will also be responsible for coordinating with the Director of IT for ordering, configuring, and ensuring efficient delivery of hardware equipment to the firm’s users.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of endpoint devices.
- The installation, troubleshooting, and repair of software programs on endpoint devices.
- Ensures ongoing usability of client computers, peripheral equipment, audio/visual systems, and software within established Information Systems standards and guidelines (i.e. desktops, laptops, MAC’s, printers, copier, fax, etc.).
- Trains and orients users on the use of hardware and software.
- Implements and enforces policies & procedures to manage client access methods based on IT security standards.
- Ensures computers connect seamlessly with all firm systems including cloud-based systems, antivirus, printers, virtual computing technologies, computer conferencing systems, and administrative systems.
- Delivers consistent, reliable service. Ensure users’ needs are being met for every request/incident that is processed.
- Works with support vendors as necessary to resolve technical issues. Coordinates assigned project tasks with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure timely and appropriate project completion.
- Collaborates with and provides knowledge transfer to other IT personnel.
- Assists Director of IT with server and network related tasks as needed.
- Prior Law Firm IT experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or in the process of obtaining a degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows-based Products, Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience with MacOS, iOS and Apple Products.
- Demonstrated experience with Android OS and Android Products.
- Ability to work independently; must be able to manage deadlines and multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience creating, managing, and maintaining user accounts with Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
- Experience with Virtual Desktops and Citrix products a plus.
- Experience with computer networking a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server architecture a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, telephonic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
- Exhibits professionalism, commitment to excellence, detail orientation, and accountability.
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive approach to problem-solving.