A mid-sized law firm is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal in our Silicon Valley office.
Working knowledge of Office 2013, Outlook 365, LexisNexis and court filing docketing. Experience with document management system required. Candidate should be pro-active to handle necessary tasks for busy attorneys without constant oversight. The ideal candidate will take the initiative, have strong attention to detail, highly organized & has impeccable communication skills.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be well versed in both federal and state court procedure and filing requirements, to include E-Filing in federal court.
- Research proficient, pre-trial prep, and trial assistance experience required. Paralegal license preferred.
- Experience handling multiple attorneys with full caseloads. Coordinate heavy scheduling and calendaring for attorney meetings, court deadlines, depositions, etc.
- Heavy client contact, contact with witnesses and opposing counsel to obtain information pertinent to the case matter.
- Assist attorneys in drafting pleadings, disclosures and discovery requests while under close supervision.
- Document production and organization a must. Organize records, documents, correspondence, and files into a manageable format.
- Follow the ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the State.
Willingness to learn transactional paralegal work is a must.