Amber L. Blasingame focuses on immigration law in business, family, and humanitarian matters. Ms. Blasingame has worked in immigration law since 1995, including managing the immigration team in the US and Canada for one of the “Big 4” account firms’ multi-national consulting practice and as a licensed immigration attorney since 2011. Ms. Blasingame earned her law degree from the University of Denver, where she was a senior staff editor on the Denver University Law Review, participated in the DU asylum clinic, and received a scholastic excellence award in advanced immigration law. Ms. Blasingame has successfully represented clients before the US Departments of Labor, State, Justice, and Homeland Security, including the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and the Executive Office for Immigration Review, Board of Immigration Appeals, and Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals, and is admitted to practice in the US District Court, District of Colorado. She is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and has served on the Colorado AILA Chapter Annual Conference and New Members committees. Ms. Blasingame is also an active member of the El Paso County Bar Association (EPCBA) in Colorado and served as secretary, treasurer, and trustee on the EPCBA Board of Trustees and founding member of the Immigration Law Section. She is also an active member of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association (CWBA) and served as El Paso County Chapter President and State Liaison. Ms. Blasingame has written articles to the Colorado Bar Association periodical, The Colorado Lawyer, and contributed to the CBA Immigration Law for the Colorado Practitioner as a chapter-editor. She has been recognized by Colorado Springs Style Magazine as one of the top immigration law attorneys in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2010
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (CWBA)
- El Paso County Bar Association (EPCBA)
- Top Attorney, Immigration Law, Colorado Styles Magazine
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- “Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa Options for Professional Nurses,” Chapter Editor, Immigration Law for the Colorado Practitioner, Volume 2, 2016 & 2018.
- “Trump visa ban adds to landscaping labor woes,” Interview, Written by Zach Hillstrom, Colorado Springs Business Journal, July 17-23, 2020.
- “Immigration Specialist Weighs in on President’s Immigration Action,” Interview, KOAA, Colorado Springs, CO, Nov. 20, 2014.
- Women Rainmakers’ Best Marketing Tips, Third Ed., Review of Legal Sources, The Colorado Lawyer, Oct. 2012.
- Immigration of Tomorrow, Insights, EPCBA Journal, December 2014.
Featured Immigration Paralegal in Fifty Legal Careers for Non-Lawyers by Ursula Furi-Perry.
- Volunteer for The Justice Center, El Paso County Bar Association
- Senior Immigration Attorney, Hanes & Bartels, LLC, Colorado Springs, CO 2015-2022
- Associate Attorney, Joseph & Hall PC, Colorado Springs, CO 2011-2015
- Managing Paralegal, Joseph & Hall PC, Denver/Aurora, CO 2002-2011
- Immigration Coordinator/Manager-Americas, Deloitte Consulting LLP, 1995-2001