- Education & Honors
- Reported Statistics
- Representative Experience
- Counsel of Record
- Community Involvement
Ms. Brenda Bartels works in the Colorado Springs office focusing her practice on litigation and being a trial attorney. Ms. Bartels brings a common sense but hard-hitting approach to representing clients in court to achieve the best possible result. While settlement of claims and disputes is often more appealing than going to trial, opposing attorneys know, by reputation and experience, that Brenda is prepared and willing to aggressively try the case if a fair resolution cannot be reached.
Ms. Bartels has litigated civil cases across the state of Colorado and Nebraska and in federal district court. Brenda’s litigation experience includes: business and commercial transactions, real estate, estate and probate disputes, construction issues and mechanic’s liens, personal injury and wrongful death, homeowner associations.
Brenda also has significant experience in business formation, contracts, and other transactional work. She brings her common sense, practical approach to this aspect of her practice as well, with a keep it simple strategy.
- University of Nebraska College of Law (cum laude) 1987
- Bryan Gardner Outstanding Young Lawyer, El Paso County Bar Asso.
- Nebraska Law Review
- Nebraska Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Colorado Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Citizens Project, chair Policy & Advocacy committee
Southern Colorado AIDS Project, board/council, secretary
Nebraska Supreme Court, Access to Justice Committee
Friends of the Midwest Theater Board
Center for Conflict Resolution Board
Chamber of Commerce–Governmental Affairs Co-Chair
- Hanes & Bartels LLC, Colorado Springs (formerly Hanes & Schutz) 2008-2022;
- Douglas, Kelly, Ostdiek, Bartels & Neilan, Scottsbluff, NE 1997-2008;
- Law Office of Brenda Bartels, Colorado Springs, 1996-1997
- Enoch & Enoch, Colorado Springs, 1994-1996
- Sparks, Dix, Enoch, Suthers PC, Colorado Springs, 1987-1994