- Education & Honors
- Reported Statistics
- Representative Experience
- Counsel of Record
- Community Involvement
As part of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group, Kimberley’s practice focuses on the representation of established companies, start-up firms and individuals. Kimberley provides general corporate and employment counsel and advice on a variety of issues to her clients nationwide. Kimberley also provides counsel and advice to firms and individuals as part of her niche practice. She provides cutting-edge, individualized, strategic, legal advice to financial advisors, registered investment advisory firms, and broker-dealers in the Financial Services Industry. Areas of practice include transition assistance, contracts and agreements, retention and recruitment loan negotiation, FINRA Inquiries, FINRA Enforcement Actions, state regulatory agency inquiries and licensing issues, board certification appeals, arbitration strategy, and general business and strategic growth advice.
Kimberley’s corporate practice spans decades and includes all facets of corporate law including corporate entity formation, partnership agreements, buy/sell agreements and acquisition work.
Kimberley has a real passion for working with advisors and advisory firms within the Financial Services Industry and has specialized knowledge of the broad spectrum of issues clients face within the industry. Kimberley’s experience includes working with individuals and teams managing between 10M AUM-1B AUM.
- University of Colorado Boulder 1993
- Boston College Law School 1997
- Expert Contributor – Estrada Strategies Business Radio Show, December 2011
- Frequent contributor as an expert legal consultant.
- Colorado Chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Security Industry and Financial Markets (SIFMA) Compliance and Legal Society
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Transitioning within the Financial Services Industry: “What Brokers Must Know Before They Go” A general overview addressing the top 7 questions financial advisors ask when transitioning from one firm to another and providing thought provoking direction for next steps. Published: October 14, 2010 Investment News
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- National Advisor Counsel LLP, Partner, 2012-2014
- Messner & Reeves LLP, Associate, 2008-2012