Patrick Drake has successfully resolved thousands of contested legal matters for clients. He has secured over five hundred final judgments in favor of his clients and has resolved many matters through out of court settlements, with and without the use of mediation. He assists clients in a wide variety of civil litigation matters involving residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes, Fair Housing complaints, municipal code issues, construction, real estate transactions, contractual negotiations, collections, will contests, personal injury, family law and insurance defense.
A graduate of South Texas College of Law Houston, he served as the Assistant Managing Editor for the South Texas Law Review, Director of Board of Advocates and a member of Phi Delta Phi honors fraternity. Patrick also authored “Victim-Offender Mediation in Texas” which was published in the 2006 South Texas Law Review-Summary Judgments in Texas.
In 2005, he competed as a varsity brief writer and oralist in the University of San Diego Criminal Procedure National Moot Court Competition – earning a top ten ranking. He also won the Addie Lucille Heaton Award for Distinguished Service to South Texas Law Review and the State Bar of Texas Law Student Division Professionalism Award. As Houston’s representative to the American Bar Association for the 13th Circuit, Patrick received the Bronze Key Award.
Prior to law school, Patrick was a graphic designer and copywriter in New York City. He is an avid runner who has completed five marathons. As a musician, he has been a member of the Texas All-State Choir, the Texas Christian University Concert Chorale, the Dallas Symphony Chorus, the Houston Symphony Chorus, and lead several rock bands, as both a vocalist and percussionist.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2006
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Graphics with a minor in French, 2000
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2006 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, 2018
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Selected to the 2014 – 2016 Super Lawyers Texas Rising Stars. Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark of Thompson Reuters.
- Houston Apartment Association’s 2014 Forty Under 40
- South Texas Law Review – Assistant Managing Editor, 2005 – 2006
- Board of Advocates – Director, 2005 – 2006
Publications and Speaking Engagements
“Victim-Offender Mediation in Texas”, South Texas Law Review, 2006