James Fox is a graduate of the William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Before law school he completed his Bachelors in Political Science at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho.
He clerked with the Nevada Court of Appeals during its inaugural year in 2015. After his clerkship he worked defending hospitals and nurses in medical malpractice litigation for several years. He then took the opportunity to work with a small real estate litigation firm representing small investors adverse to big banks. He also worked with UNLV Medicine helping them establish internal protocols for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Jimmy” resides in Spokane, Washington and works remotely for the Las Vegas office of Messner Reeves. He enjoys spending time with his three dogs, and his family.
2013 UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Washington
- US District Court of Nevada
- US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Ask-a-Lawyer Volunteer 2016-2020
- Community Association Board President (2013-2017), Member (2019-2020)
- Truitt and Associates (2013-2015)
- Nevada Court of Appeals (2015-2016)
- Hall, Prangle, Schoonveld (2016-2018)
- Law Office of Mike Beede (2018-2020)
- UNLV Medicine (2020-2021)