- Education & Honors
- Reported Statistics
- Representative Experience
- Counsel of Record
- Community Involvement
Jeff has more than 30 years of experience advising on insurance claims and litigation. In this sector, he has served as both plaintiffs’ and defense counsel, and previously worked as a senior claims lawyer for a major insurer, handling hundreds of defective construction claims in California and Nevada.
He also represents corporate clients and business owners in complex litigation and appellate matters, including class action defense, insurance defense, personal injury, product liability, and consumer rights litigation involving California’s Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedies Act. Jeff has participated in more than 500 first-chair mediations and settlement conferences.
JD, Loyola Law School Los Angeles, 1985
BA, California State University, Fullerton, cum laude, 1982
- Represented a defendant roofer in more than 100 construction defect cases.
- Defended a major grocery chain in 50 “slip and fall” personal injury cases.
- Secured a favorable settlement for an international retail business client in 14-year-long California class action litigation in which the plaintiffs sought recovery under the Song Beverly Credit Card Act, Unfair Competition Law, and Consumer Legal Remedies Act. The client ultimately paid just two cents on the dollar of the original demand. The litigation involved multiple appellate filings and one published opinion.
Achieved a favorable settlement for two defendant mortuaries in a nationwide cremation class action.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of two named plaintiffs in a class action against a high-profile employer for alleged labor code violations.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a named plaintiff in a class action against a high-profile retail seller of services and products.\
- Won a reversal in favor of the client before the California Supreme Court.