As part of the firm’s Litigation and Health Law Practice Groups, Ms. Harden represents individuals and businesses, large and small, in resolving disputes and in all aspects of litigation and trial. Although a significant portion of Ms. Harden’s practice focuses on representation of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals, as well as hospitals and other health care entities, she represents many businesses from various sectors. Acting in an inside counsel role, she oversees litigation throughout the United States for a large publicly traded company.
Ms. Harden also serves as outside general counsel for several small businesses in the Denver Metropolitan area. Beyond litigation, she serves as a trusted advisor to many clients on a wide variety of topics. She strives to provide common sense solutions for difficult problems. Ms. Harden assists clients with audits and investigations on issues including data security (including pre-breach evaluations and post-breach investigations and audits) and has counseled clients facing private claims arising from data-related issues. She has a strong focus on HIPAA, including Meaningful Use compliance and audits. Finally, she maintains a very active practice representing health care providers before licensing boards, including the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Nursing and other credentialing entities, including administrative law hearings on licensing issues.
Ms. Harden has a background in nursing and worked for several years as a nurse-paralegal in complex health litigation prior to attending the University Of Colorado School Of Law. This background allows her to bring a unique perspective and expertise to her practice.
Martindale-Hubbell has certified Ms. Harden as AV-Preeminent, a testament to the fact that her peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- University of Colorado, J.D. 2005
- Colorado Christian University, B.S. 2001, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Health Law and Litigation Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- International Association for Food Protection
- The Federalist Society
- California Restaurant Association
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
- 5280 Top Lawyers, Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2016 -2018
- Colorado Super Lawyer, 2017
- Colorado Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2012-2014
- Extern, Governor Bill Owens, Spring 2005