Jean Peterson is an associate in the firm’s litigation practice group. She focuses on general civil litigation.
While attending University of Denver, Sturm College of Law and after, Ms. Peterson clerked in the Second Judicial District for Hon. Judge Robert L. McGahey, Jr. (Ret.) in the civil division and then for Hon. Christine C. Antoun in the domestic division.
Prior and during Ms. Peterson’s time in law school she worked as a paralegal and legal extern for the Colorado disability rights organization, Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center. Prior to moving to Colorado Ms. Peterson worked for the federal government in complex financial fraud investigations and assisted with international extradition investigations in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Peterson’s breadth of experience has taught her to be a flexible, tireless advocate for her clients.
When not in the office, Ms. Peterson can be found with her partner and her dog, exploring the mountains or relaxing in their backyard.
- University of Denver, J.D., 2020
- American University, B.A. International Studies, 2014
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado LGBT Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Second Judicial District (law clerk) – 2020-2021
- Civil Rights Education & Enforcement Center (paralegal/legal extern) – 2016-2019
- U.S.D.O.J., Fraud Section (paralegal) – 2014-2016
- U.S.D.O.J., Office of International Affairs (intern) – 2013-2014