During her time in law school, Jaclyn was an extern for Judge Eric Johnson at the Eighth Judicial District Court, where she gained valuable insight into court proceedings, and honed her legal writing and research skills. Jaclyn was also an extern for the Clark County District Attorney’s Office, where she developed her advocacy and oral argument abilities. Jaclyn gained real-world experience as a student attorney for the Thomas & Mack Legal clinic, where she advocated for the educational rights of students in administrative proceedings with the Clark County School District. As the Business Editor of the UNLV Gaming Law Journal, Jaclyn managed the marketing efforts of the Journal and analyzed the law and policy implications of gaming legislation, administrative regulations, and important gaming legal events in Nevada.
Prior to attending law school, Jaclyn received her Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, (J.D.), 2018
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Bachelor’s Degree, Political Science and Government, 2015
Activities and Societies: National Society of Leadership
- Fresno City College, Associate of Arts (A.A.), Political Science and Government, 2012
- Dean’s Honor List, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Spring 2016, Fall 2018
- CALI award in Lawyering Process III, Fall 2017
Criminal Law Society, Treasurer, Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
William S. Boyd School of Law Community Education Program, Guardianship, Student Instructor, Fall 2016
- Alverson Taylor & Sanders, Summer Associate, Jun 2017 – Oct 2018
- UNLV Gaming Law Journal, Business Editor, Aug 2017 – May 2018
- Nettles Law Firm, Law Clerk, Jan 2017 – May 2017
- Eighth Judicial District Court, Judicial Extern to the Honorable Eric Johnson, Aug 2016 – Nov 2016
- Leah Martin Law, Law Clerk, Aug 2014 – Aug 2016