Scott’s litigation experience spans all areas of liability defense, focusing on catastrophic injury/wrongful death, product & premises liability, construction defect & property damage, and business and contract disputes. He represents individuals, homeowners, and commercial businesses in complex multi-party matters. Scott’s successful trial experience includes personal injury, contractual dispute, and fraud matters.
Scott acts as outside general counsel for small and large companies in various industries such as construction and remediation, entertainment and games, product distributors and manufacturers, and hospitality. He provides transactional work, including negotiating and drafting both internal and third-party agreements. He also assists clients with business disputes, intellectual property issues, trademarks and copyrights, and employment matters.
Scott’s speaking engagements include Redlands University, the Insurance Professionals of Orange County, conventions, and continuing education presentations for various private entities.
- JD, Pepperdine University School of Law, Honors Trial Advocate with Highest Distinction, 2007
- BA, Gettysburg College, Dean’s List, Dean’s Commendation, magna cum laude, 2003
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Won summary judgment on behalf of a trampoline park facility after an eleven-year-old boy attending a birthday party at the park suffered a broken leg and injured knee. Though the parents of the boy never signed the waiver of liability the facility required before granting entry, we demonstrated the inherent risk of injury was assumed and that our client did not increase this risk beyond those inherently involved with the activity.
- Convinced the jury to award minimal monetary damages in a negligence case after a piece of furniture that was being moved by the client’s employees fell on the plaintiff. The plaintiff sought $2 million in damages, and the jury awarded less than 15 percent of that amount.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of a construction company in a premises liability case after a biker crashed at a paving construction area.
- Won a motion for summary judgment on behalf of a restaurant owner after a customer slipped on the floor of the restaurant.
- Secured a dismissal based on terminating sanctions motion for a builder in a premises liability and negligence case in which hot tar dripped onto the head of a worker.