Simone M. Montoya
Ms. Montoya is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Ms. Montoya is a seasoned trial attorney who has tried over 30 jury trials and numerous bench trials. Ms. Montoya has a broad range of experience in insurance defense litigation matters and criminal law. Ms. Montoya started her legal career as a Deputy District Attorney in Denver, where she served in the Family Violence Unit, prosecuting felony crimes against children and domestic violence cases. After serving 7 years with the District Attorney’s office, Ms. Montoya transitioned into an in-house legal counsel position with a Fortune 100 Insurance Company, where she gained experience in civil practice and insurance defense. Prior to joining Messner and Reeves in 2015, Ms. Montoya was a member of the firm of Bayer & Carey P.C. Ms. Montoya is a zealous advocate for her clients and takes pride in her ability to help them through the legal process. Her wide range of experience in both the private and public sectors has allowed her to bring a unique and valuable perspective to her litigation practice. Ms. Montoya currently represents individuals and corporations in the areas of general liability, personal injury and auto law, premises liability, wrongful death, subrogation and criminal defense.
Ms. Montoya is a proud Colorado native who enjoys being outdoors, eating good food and spending time with her family.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A., 2002
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2005
- Member of Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association
- Member of the Denver Bar Association
Former Member of the Board of Directors for the Denver Center for Crime Victims
- Law Clerk, Honorable Michael A. Martinez, Denver District Court
- Deputy District Attorney, Denver
- In House Counsel, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Attorney, Bayer & Carey, P.C.