Clients turn to Jenny Thornton for practical, responsive, and strategic advice related to complex real estate issues. Jenny concentrates her practice in commercial real estate and corporate business transactions, including:
- commercial leasing
- contract negotiation
- ancillary transactional matters
- drafting, reviewing, and negotiating leases, letters of intent (LOIs), amendments, and subleases
Jenny has extensive experience negotiating office, retail, and restaurant lease arrangements. Drawing on her broad experience representing landlords and tenants, she anticipates arguments on both sides of the table and offers compromises instead of conflicts. Her positive and collegial attitude helps clients successfully close deals and execute leases to the satisfaction of all the parties.
Prior to joining Messner Reeves, Jenny served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable David C. Higgs of Minnesota’s Second Judicial District Court in St. Paul. Jenny incorporates the practical wisdom and procedural knowledge she gained as a law clerk to assist her clients in effectively and strategically navigating the legal process.
Community outreach has always been a priority for Jenny and she enjoys volunteering for a variety of local and nonprofit organizations. She is an active member of the Junior League of Denver and a member of the Young Professional Council for Denver Kids, Inc.
In her spare time, Jenny enjoys hot yoga classes, the occasional Netflix binge, spending time with family and friends, and exploring Denver neighborhoods with her Bernese Mountain Dog, Judge. Jenny’s favorite time of the year is football season (Go Broncos!) and she can be found snowboarding at Copper Mountain on the weekends all winter long.
- William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude, J.D. 2014
- Colorado State University, cum laude, B.A. 2010
- American BarAssociation
- Colorado Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Wills for Heroes
- The Sanneh Foundation, events and coordination volunteer
- Judicial Law Clerk, Second Judicial District, Ramsey County, St. Paul, MN