Messner Reeves LLP, an established full-service, business law firm, with offices in Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, New York, Phoenix, and Silicon Valley, seeks an experienced, Insurance Defense Attorney. This position is based at our Denver Tech Center location. The ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills.
This is not your typical law firm. What you will not find at Messner Reeves is bureaucracy, politics, committees, or unnecessary meetings in stuffy boardrooms; instead, you would be joining a collaborative, energetic group of intellectual capital dressed comfortably and working hard for their clients. You will see collaborations taking place and entrepreneurial minds thinking outside the box to create common-sense solutions to complex problems.
Who better to manage the direction and growth of your career than you? At Messner Reeves, you are in the driver’s seat with complete control of your future. With exceptional resources and full support from the firm, you are empowered to immediately begin building your client base and grow your practice. When we were founded, over 25 years ago we were entrepreneurial out of necessity, but now we maintain our entrepreneurial spirit by choice.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience handling all phases of complex commercial and civil litigation matters.
- Significant experience defending companies in Colorado.
- Taken and defended depositions of parties and experts.
- Argued motions at hearings.
- Experience drafting and responding to written discovery and dispositive motions.
- Prefer candidates with bad faith and premises liability experience.
- Ideally, candidates who have experience preparing witnesses for defending Rule 30(b)(6) depositions.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize and to work independently.
Salary: $110,000 – $130,000