Messner Reeves LLP, an established full-service, business law firm, with 12 offices nationwide in Arizona, California, Colorado, New York, New England, Nevada, and Utah seeks an Insurance Defense Attorney in our Orange County office.
The ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills. They will also be hardworking, with great lawyering skills, and a proven desire to grow their practice with the full support and resources of the firm.
This is not your typical law firm. What you will not find at Messner Reeves is bureaucracy, politics, committees, or unnecessary meetings in stuffy boardrooms; instead, you would be joining a collaborative, energetic group of intellectual capital dressed comfortably and working hard for their clients. You will see collaborations taking place and entrepreneurial minds thinking outside the box to create common-sense solutions to complex problems.
Who better to manage the direction and growth of your career than you? At Messner Reeves, you are in the driver seat with complete control of your future. With exceptional resources and full support from the firm, you are empowered to immediately begin building your client base and grow your practice. When we were founded, over 25 years ago we were entrepreneurial out of necessity, but now we maintain our entrepreneurial spirit by choice.
The ideal candidate would work from the firm’s Orange County office and have the following attributes:
- Experience handling all phases of complex commercial and civil litigation matters.
- Significant experience defending companies in California.
- Taken and defended depositions of parties and experts.
- Experience drafting and responding to written discovery and dispositive motions.
- Ideally, candidates who have experience preparing witnesses.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize and to work independently.
- Help identify opportunities with existing clients and new prospects.
- Desire to participate in client interaction, ongoing client relationship management.
- California Bar License Required.
Salary Range: $120K – $200K
Benefits: Competitive salary, company paid medical/ dental benefits, vision, 401K match, vacation, sick, and holiday pay