Messner Reeves LLP, a national law firm, is seeking an experienced and highly qualified Paralegal to join the Litigation team in our Phoenix office.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be well versed in both federal and state court procedure and filing requirements, to include E-Filing in federal court.
- Research proficient, pre-trial prep, and trial assistance experience required.
- Experience handling multiple attorneys with full caseloads. Coordinate heavy scheduling and calendaring for attorney meetings, court deadlines, depositions, etc.
- Heavy client contact, contact with witnesses and opposing counsel to obtain information pertinent to the case matter.
- Assist attorneys in drafting pleadings, disclosures, and discovery requests while under close supervision.
- Document production and organization a must. Organize records, documents, correspondence, and files into a manageable format.
- Follow the ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the State.
- Must demonstrate a strong worth ethic and consistent schedule
- Experience with document management system required
- Paralegal Certificate Required
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- Working knowledge of Office 2013, Outlook 365, LexisNexis and court filing docketing.
- Extensive computer and database expertise
- Candidate should be pro-active to handle necessary tasks for busy attorneys without constant oversight.
- The ideal candidate will take the initiative, have strong attention to detail, highly organized & has impeccable communication skills.