Messner Reeves LLP, full-service national law firm, seeks highly qualified paralegal to join its fast paced, collegial, complex medical litigation team.
Ideal candidate will be experienced, inquisitive, self-starter, able to anticipate needs in litigation matters through jury trial. Use communication, experience, docketed deadlines and knowledge of rules of civil procedure as a guide. Must possess strong attention to detail, be highly organized and communicate effectively. Working knowledge of Office 2013, Outlook 365, Adobe, Sharefile. CaseMap experience a plus. This is not a legal assistant position.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ paralegal experience in litigation.
- Must be well versed in both federal and state court procedure.
- Communicate with team, witnesses and opposing counsel to ensure complete information gathered and organized in timely fashion.
- Experience handling multiple attorneys with full caseloads.
- Healthcare background or working knowledge of medical records and terminology strongly preferred.
- Utilize electronic format to organize and index medical records and prepare detailed chronologies of medical records and other party records, identifying and obtaining missing records or materials.
- Legal document preparation, particularly propounding and responding to discovery and preparing initial, expert and supplemental disclosures.
- Attend and support attorneys in multi-week trials throughout Colorado.
- Ability to accurately track and record time for billing using Prolaw or similar legal billing software.
- We offer a great working environment, competitive compensation, and full benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume if you are interested in this opportunity.