Messner Reeves Sponsors 20th Annual Judicial Excellence for Colorado Gala Dinner
Messer Reeves proudly announces its 2022 silver-level sponsorship of the annual Judicial Excellence for Colorado Gala dinner hosted by the Colorado Judicial Institute (CJI).
Although Messner Reeves is a nationally recognized firm, they believe in giving back and supporting the individual states and communities their attorneys call home. They are pleased to support the Colorado Judicial Institute’s efforts with sponsorship for their annual fundraising gala dinner.
Their firm is among over 70 CJI members and supporters, including business and civic leaders, attorneys, judges, and everyday citizens, with a desire to help preserve Colorado’s merit selection system for judges and keep courtrooms free from the outside influence of politics and special interests.
What is the Colorado Judicial Institute?
The Colorado Judicial Institute (CJI) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3), nonpartisan, statewide community organization that was founded in 1979 to promote excellence, equity, impartiality, and public trust in Colorado’s courts via outreach, education, and public engagement. Their programs encourage and cultivate:
- Judicial education and excellence
- Diversity on the bench
- Public education about Colorado’s courts and the rule of law
- Advocacy on behalf of Colorado’s merit selection and retention process for judges
- Keeping Colorado’s courtrooms free from the influence of special interests and politics
The 2022 Gala Dinner
The 20th annual Judicial Excellence for Colorado Gala Dinner will be held on Tuesday, November 1, 2022, at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Dinner and the awards program will commence around 7:00 p.m., following the cocktail reception.
This year’s gala dinner will host more than 500 business and civic leaders, including partners and attorneys from leading law firms, and judges gathering in celebration of our Judicial Excellence Award honorees and demonstrating their support for the excellence of Colorado’s courts.
The 2022 Judicial Excellence Award honorees are:
- District Court Chief Judge Michelle Amico, 18th Judicial District
- County Court Judge David Archuleta, 20th Judicial District
- Magistrate Kevin Kennedy, 21st Judicial District
- Magistrate William McNulty, 21st Judicial District
Gala Dinner Sponsorships and Donors
All funds raised at the 2022 gala dinner will promote CJI’s mission.
In addition to Messner Reeves, other corporate sponsorships and donors include:
- DISH Network LLC
- Dietrich Partners
- Sturm College of Law, University of Denver
- Employers Council
- American Arbitration Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Douglas Elbert County Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association, Solo Small Firm Section
- Colorado & Denver Bar Associations and Colorado Bar Association CLE
Messner Reeves encourages other Colorado firms, businesses, and corporations to join them in showing CJI their support with a donation or sponsorship for this prestigious event.
About Messner Reeves
Messner Reeves is a national full-service law firm with over 136 attorneys specializing in business and litigation. They have a local footprint in Colorado, with 54 attorneys serving in this state and offices in Greenwood Village, Denver, and Colorado Springs. Seven of their attorneys are on the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). As of November 2021:
- 39 percent of their attorneys were women
- They achieved 30 percent firm diversity
Messner Reeves attorneys have an esteemed reputation for providing a full range of legal services to a diverse group of clients—from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies. We provide effective counsel for various industries, including real estate, banking and finance, healthcare, restaurant and food service, intellectual property, entertainment, and sports. Our attorneys are also well-versed in appellate law, crisis management, insurance defense, and complex commercial litigation. At Messner Reeves, our core values include the following:
- Exceptional Counsel
- Entrepreneurial Spirit